The Indian Space Research Organization recently announced that it is to adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Labs across the country.
How will ISRO help the Atal Tinkering Labs?
By adopting hundred Atal Tinkering Labs, ISRO is to facilitate mentoring and coaching of students in cutting edge technologies. It includes technologies related to space as well.
How will the initiative benefit the students?
ISRO will promote scientific temperament among students and will encourage them for space related technologies. The students will gain practical and application-based knowledge of STEM through the programme.
What is the current scenario of Atal Tinkering Labs in India?
There are more than seven thousand Atal Tinkering Labs in India. It helps more than three million students to acquire problem solving, innovative and tinkering mindset.
Who establishes Atal Tinkering Labs?
Under which programme are Atal Tinkering Labs established?
Atal Innovation Mission.
What is Atal Innovation Mission?
The Atal Innovation Mission was launched to promote entrepreneurship and innovation in the country. It has two core functions namely entrepreneurship through self-employment and innovation promotion.
What are the major initiatives of Atal Innovation Mission?
- Atal New India Challenges fosters product innovations. It aligns them to the needs of various ministries.
- Atal Incubation Centres fosters world class startups and will add a new dimension to the incubator model.
- Mentor India Campaign is a national mentor network that is launched in collaboration with corporates and public sectors to support all the initiatives of Atal Innovation Mission.
- ARISE is Atal Research and Innovation for Small Enterprises. It stimulates research and innovation in MSME industry.
- AIM-iCREST is Incubator Capabilities Enhancement Programme that is focused on creating high performing startups. It was designed to support established incubators of AIM in the country.
NASA is to launch the mot powerful rocket in the world on January 17, 2021. NASA has named it as the “Space Launch System”.
What are the Key Features of Space Launch System?
- The Space Launch System is to carry the first woman and the next man to the moon.
- It is 98 metres tall. On the other hand, Saturn V that carried Astronauts to the moon in 1960s was 110 metre tall.
- It has capacity to carry more than twenty-seven tonnes.
- The Space Launch System is to be hauled into the Lower Earth Orbit.
- It has four RS-25 engines.
How does the giant rocket of NASA work?
The Space Launch System consists of a giant core. It has two solid rocket boosters. Apart from these, the core has two large storage tanks. One tank stores liquid hydrogen and the other stores liquid oxygen. When the liquid oxygen and hydrogen are fed into the engine chambers, the chemical reaction produces vast amount of energy and steam. This steam exits engine nozzles at speeds of 16,000 km/hr to generate force that propels the rocket through the air.
What is the use of Solid Rocket Booster in SLS?
The Solid Rocket Boosters provide extra power to escape gravity clutches. These solid boosters provide 75% of the total thrust. They will burn six tonnes of Solid Rocket Booster every second.
Why is SLS the most powerful rocket?
- The SLS will generate 39.1 mega Newtons of thrust at launch. This is 15% more than Saturn V. This is the highest thrust level ever achieved.
- In 1960, Soviet Union built N1. N1 was built to reach moon. It could produce 45.4 mega Newtons of thrust. However, the N1 mission ended in failure.
What are the future high power rockets?
- The future version of SLS is called Block-2 cargo. It is expected that Block-2 of SLS will reach the thrust levels of N1.
- The vehicle called Starship being built by SpaceX is capable of producing 66.7 Mega Newtons of thrust. When launched, this will the most powerful rocket in the world.
The Union Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari is to launch “Khadi Prakritik Paint”.
Who Developed Khadi Prakritik Paint?
Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
What is Khadi Prakritik Paint?
The Khadi Prakritik Paint is a non-toxic eco-friendly paint with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is the first-of-its kind product.
What is the main ingredient of Khandi Prakritik Paint?
The Khadi Prakritik Paint was developed with cow dung as its main ingredient. It is odourless and cost-effective.
Is Khadi Prakritik Paint certified by Bureau of Indian Standards?
What are the two forms of Khadi Prakritik Paint?
The Khadi Prakritik paint is available in two forms namely plastic emulsion paint and distemper paint.
What are the main advantages of Khadi Prakritik paint?
- The paint is free from heavy metals such as mercury, lead, arsenic, chromium, cadmium.
- The paint will help in doubling farmers income. This is because, the technology adopted in the making of Khadi Prakritik paint will increase consumption of cow dung as raw material for eco-friendly products. This will generate additional revenue to Gaushalas and farmers. The Khadi Prakritik paint is expected to generate an additional income of Rs 30,000 per annum per animal to farmers. On the other hand, utilisation of cow dung will prevent clogging of drains and will clean the environment.
Who tested Khadi Prakritik Paint?
National Test House, Mumbai, National Test House, Ghaziabad and shri Ram Institute for Industrial research, New Delhi.
What are the environmental impacts of normal paint?
They are high in Chromium and Lead. The conventional paints used in day-to-day life release Volatile Organic Compounds during the drying process, that is, after the coating is applied.
What are the environmental labels of paint cans?
The paints are labelled in the following way based on the release of Volatile Organic Compounds:
- To be labelled as Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC), the paint should contain less than fifty grams per litre of VOC.
- To be labelled as Zero-Volatile Organic Compound, the paint should contain less than five grams per litre of VOC.
Month: Current Affairs - January, 2021
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs • Environment Current Affairs
Topics: Doubling Farmers Income • Khadi and Village Industries Commission • khadi prakritik paint • Nitin Gadkari • Paint
« Previous Current AffairsNext Current Affairs »
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - August, 2021
Current Affairs [PDF] - August 16-31, 2021
Current Affairs [PDF] - August 1-15, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|